10/15/2010

Rebecca's First Camp out

Well Rebecca decided for Poppa's birthday this weekend she wanted to have a camping adventure with him in the backyard. He told her that would be fine. She was so excited all week and could not wait for Friday night. Hoke, Russell, and Rebecca set up the tent, roasted marshmallows, had a fire, and they were ready to camp.





Rebecca and Poppa are riding "horses" under the magnolia tree

She just had to try out her new sleeping bag


Grammy brought us dinner and all the stuff to make smores

Rebecca helped roast the marshmallows


 She just had to have the pink guitar you see in this 
picture so she could sing songs around the campfire.

When I got up this morning Hoke and Rebecca were inside. He said she made it until 2 am and when she woke up she wanted to get in her bed. I am so proud of her for going to sleep out in the tent and for lasting as long as she did.

2 comments:

  1. Fun idea for dads and daughters - notice I'm NOT voluteering to sleep outside.

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome@! Why doesn;t HOKE volunteer to have all the kids come camp HOKE cause I'm not sleeping outside and neither is Jordan--Haaaaaaaa

    Really you make life so fun for Rebecca! What a treasure!

    ReplyDelete